Sunday, January 25, 2009

Yep, I love to write.

Aloha Ya'll!

Since so many people read my blog and all... haha :P Church was so good today!! The speakers in sacrament meeting said so many things that I needed to hear. It's incredible how much more the words of the Lord can mean to you if you are sincerely seeking comfort in His words.

I love this song: Stand in Holy Places

in a sea of shifting values
tossed on every wave
while the winds wail around me
i will not be afraid
to call out for captain
to calm the waves in me
when i stand a little taller
it's only then i finally see
i stand in holy places
protected from the storm
anchored safe in harbor
though my sails are ripped and worn
i stand in holy places
and i will not move
until the captain comes and says well done
he is the hope i hold on to
in holy places

there is a harbor in his holy house
an anchor in his grace
that steadies in the waves of doubt
and in every holy place
no matter where i travel
his spirit's guiding me
with the lord as my captain
there is a peaceful port in me

It's incredible to me how a scripture can have infinite meanings depending on what the Spirit would have you learn from them. This one stuck out to me today in particular.

Mosiah 3:6
"And he shall cast out devils, or the evil spirits which dwell in the hearts of the children of men."

Before, this scripture would have little meaning to me other than the fact that it tells of Jesus' miraculous ability to cast devils from the children of men. Today, after all that I have been through the last few weeks, this scripture has new meaning to me. I have felt the power of His Atonement. I have been and still am feeling His immense love for me, for He has the power to cast the devils of selfishness and pride from my heart. He has the power to do that for me, for I cannot do it on my own. If I but ask for His help, and invite Him in to my heart, and allow His love to penetrate my heart, those devils which dwell in my heart will no longer have a place in my heart.

I have a new perspective on love as well. Love is not something happens to you, it is something that you learn, and it is something that you have to work for.


No comments:

Bamboo

Followers

Who, Me?

Cheese.