Saturday, January 23, 2010

Not him.... Him

Is it normal that I want to hear from him? Just to hear that he's doing okay... and maybe to know that he still thinks of me? Maybe even that he might care a little bit that I'm doing well? I feel like that's normal... As short-lived as it may have been, we shared something special.

As normal as it might be to desire to hear from him... I don't desire it enough to go seeking his attention. There is another man whom I should be seeking after instead. My Lord and my Savior. He would never lie to me, deceive me, take advantage of me, or do anything to harm me. He is perfect. He wants what is best for me. He is patient, kind, and full of love. He is honest. He is all that I need-- with Him alone I am happy and life is full of joy-- if I will but seek after Him.

Consider this an action of seeking. Lord, I need Your strength. I need Your comfort. I need Your love. Lord, see my heart's desires to know Thee and my love to obey thy commandments. I need Your spirit to guide me. Without Your spirit, I can achieve nothing. Everything that I do comes from Thee.

Bamboo

Followers

Who, Me?

Cheese.