Friday, January 1, 2010

It's that time of the year...

With the dawn of a new decade, it is a time for reflection on the past, and optimism for the future.

2009 seemed to last 3 years to me. This new year is more than just a new year for me. It is a symbol of rebirth, or a continuation of a fresh start that I've already begun. This new year seems to be the first year of the rest of my life-- as if I haven't really been living up until now. In a lot of ways, I wasn't really living at all. I was battered and bruised, and down on myself. I really thought I was just fine, really. However, by comparison to what I am today, I was miserable. The last several years are all blurred together into one mess of melancholy misery, a longing for something unknown. How wonderful it is to have found that happiness that I so desperately longed for! And with that truth and happiness, I have new life.

So for the first time, I am celebrating a new year for what it is. I am not biding my time until my next temporary high, or just passing the time until I find true happiness. I am celebrating this new year because life goes right on past you, whether you find happiness and joy in it or not-- so why not choose to enjoy it?

And as we all know, the key to happiness is through Christ. Without him, true happiness cannot exist, for joy stems from truth.

No comments:

Bamboo

Followers

Who, Me?

Cheese.